“Get involved!” Campaign
When you graduate, you’re more than just a diploma—you’re the sum of all your experiences! So, hop on board and ride the wave! Champions from each faculty will be out and about spreading the community engagement word. And during the month of September, we’ll be posting information about each champion and the advice they have to share.
On September 5, 2017, we’ll be launching an Instagram contest to celebrate the Welcome Week. You’re encouraged to share a photo related to community engagement, taken during a placement for example. The winning photo will be determined in part by the number of likes it receives (can be combined Instagram and Facebook likes). To be eligible, the photo must include a comment using the campaign hashtag #GetInvolved about why you’re giving back through community engagement (e.g., I decided to #GetInvolved because…). Extra points will be awarded for the best comments and if professors or partners are tagged (@).
Winners will be announced at the Volunteer Fair on October 12, 2017, and be rewarded with some great gift cards! So #GetInvolved and start posting!
Contest Launch on Tuesday, September 5th during the Welcome Week 2017
Contest Criteria :
- Photo published between September 5th and October 10th, 2017
- Quality and relevance of the image in relation to community engagement (for example, during a placement)
- Over 300 "likes" (possibility to combine “likes “on Instagram and Facebook)
- Explanation of the reason for getting involved : “I #get involved because ...”
- Quality of the caption associated to the image
- Inclusion of professors or community partners by tagging@
Prizes awarded in 4 categories:
- Student Association
- Student Club
- Individual - Undergraduate student
- Individual– Graduate student
Gift cards from the Rideau Centre and the uOttawa Bookstore will be awarded to the winners.
Winners will be announced at the Volunteer Fair on October 12, 2017.