This award recognizes an outstanding student who has demonstrated leadership excellence in the development and/or implementation of an ongoing or one-time community service project or program* and has made a significant contribution to the community through his or her leadership and involvement during the academic year.
In spring 2015, this award was re-named for Marcel Côté, a man with a vision, a builder and a strong advocate of leadership. Read the article about this.
*Community service activities are defined as unpaid work primarily carried out for the benefit of others.
- uOttawa full-time or part-time student
- Self-nominations will not be considered
Candidates are evaluated based on the following criteria. They must:
- Hold a volunteer leadership position with a community partner in planning and implementing community service activities. (This award is also aimed at students in leadership positions in a recognized student organization, club sport or athletic team, who help plan and implement community service activities.)
- Demonstrate the ability to prepare, motivate and have an impact on other students while implementing community service activities.
- Project a positive image and presence within his/her team.
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership, management and organizational skills, and be motivated, enthusiastic, self-reliant, problem solvers, courageous, honest, credible, focused, empower others, inspire a shared vision, etc.
- Offer a service that meets local or global community needs.
- Have a positive impact on the University community.
- Contribute hours of service to the team or organization.
- Provide a signed letter of recommendation from the organization the student volunteered for.
This award is for service between September 1, 2016 and March 31, 2017.
Complete the application form (PDF version, 135 KB). Add a letter of recommendation from the organization, group or team that benefited from the community service activities.
Deadline: April 1, 2018