The Michaëlle Jean Centre for Global and Community Engagement accepts applications for ASB participants and team leaders on an ongoing basis leading up to projects. Interested students should go into the Community Engagement Navigator (via uoZone) and select the project.
- be registered uOttawa students
- be willing to participate fully in all program activities, work hard, ask questions and meaningfully contribute during group discussions and activities
- consult the ASB Project Checklist for Participants (PDF version, 333 KB)
Interested in being a team leader for a group volunteering project offered through the Michaëlle Jean Centre for Global and Community Engagement? We offer team leader training to help you prepare for this assignment. You will learn and practice strategies for taking on a leadership role in the context of group volunteering. We will explore topics such as: roles and responsibilities, communication, qualities of a strong leader, time management, consensus building, and resolving conflict.
In addition to meeting participant criteria, the (preferably bilingual) team leader must:
- demonstrate leadership experience
- have experience in facilitating large groups
- have experience and skills related to the chosen ASB theme
- have experience in coordination and logistics
- have experience in project and people management
- be able to commit to: team leader training prior to the project, preparations (email communication, logistics, etc.) before the reading week, and participating in debriefing and discussing lessons learned after the project
- consult the ASB Project Checklist for Team Leaders (PDF version, 335 KB)