Transforming the Urban Landscape with Heartwood House’s Green Alley Project
Collaborate with Heartwood House to convert a conventional alley on the west side of their building to a green alley, transforming it from a narrow, asphalted extension of the parking lot to a safe, car-free, environmentally friendly, fully accessible pathway and social place for members of the neighbourhood. Greening of the alley will eventually include the addition of native plants, flower boxes, herb and flower gardens, benches and improved drainage to control stormwater runoff.
Community Consultation and Planning Team (Winter 2017)
- Project dates: January 21, 2017 to April 7, 2017
This phase of the project is complete!
Green Alley Build Team (Fall 2017)
- Application deadline: September 15, 2017
- Project dates: September 23, 2017 to October 13, 2017
Find the project in the Community Engagement Navigator on uOzone:
- Placement #12 (Fall 2017) – Team leader
- Placement #11 (Fall 2017) – Participants
- Get all of the details for this project (PDF version, 379 KB)