Just Food – Food Forest Stewardship (Fall 2017)
Help the Just Food Farm fill the need for city-wide education on trees and shrubs that can produce nuts and fruit by volunteering to help them build a food forest and a maple grove!
Fruit- and nut-bearing bushes and trees provide a number of direct benefits, such as enhanced ecological habitat and biodiversity as well as numerous easily scalable indirect benefits, including contributing to community food security, community well-being and community-building.
- Application deadline : September 6, 2017
- Project dates: September 6, 2017 to November 30, 2017
Find the project in the Community Engagement Navigator on uOzone:
- Placement #92 (Fall 2017) – Team leader
- Placement #85 (Fall 2017) – Participants
- Get all of the details for this project (PDF version, 336 KB)
Transforming the Urban Landscape with Heartwood House’s Green Alley Project - Green Alley Build Team (Fall 2017)
Collaborate with Heartwood House to convert a conventional alley on the west side of their building to a green alley, transforming it from a narrow, asphalted extension of the parking lot to a safe, car-free, environmentally friendly, fully accessible pathway and social place for members of the neighbourhood. Greening of the alley will eventually include the addition of native plants, flower boxes, herb and flower gardens, benches and improved drainage to control stormwater runoff.
- Application deadline: September 15, 2017
- Project dates: September 23, 2017 to October 13, 2017
Find the project in the Community Engagement Navigator on uOzone (coming soon, summer 2017):
- Placement #12 (Fall 2017) – Team leader
- Placement #11 (Fall 2017) – Participants
- Get all of the details for this project