How Can We Work Together?

A group of students organised a Halloween party for children in Champlain Park.

Here’s what to do if you would like to set up a Community Partner account for your club or association:

  • Ask your club or association president/volunteer coordinator to contact us here at the Michaëlle Jean Centre for Global and Community Engagement to set up a brief meeting
  • At the meeting, we will explain how to use the Community Engagement Navigator and we will help your club or association set up its Community Partner account
  • Your president/volunteer coordinator will then be able to explain how to select placements and log hours to your members and other volunteers

There is only one requirement: your club or association must have a constitution that has been submitted to, and approved by, the SFUO or another governing body at the University of Ottawa for the current academic year.

Please note that only clubs approved by the SFUO can post placements that can be used for the Community Service Learning (CSL) program.

Although posting your exec placements is one of the most frequent ways we work with clubs and associations, we could do so much more for your organization. We meet with clubs, associations, and SFUO services to discuss further ways we could work together. 

What are some of the options?

  • We can use the Community Engagement Navigator to find community engagement and volunteering opportunities that fit the profile of your club, association, or service so that you can share them with your members
  • We can help connect you with community partners
  • We can connect your members to a Days of Service event (a one-day volunteering event that you could use as a team-building activity)

If you would like to discuss one of these options, or if you have ideas of your own, please contact the Centre to set up a meeting.

Back to top